Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

10 June 2010

And so the perceived hatred and ignorance continues...

In our early days, I'd be bringing you my take on the billboards of Dunedin. In hope of success as a blogger, the world news became a stronger target over time. I am returning to our roots today by bringing to attention a swastika pattern I found in the entrance to a wine shop in Lower Stuart Street today. I have no problem with the symbol being displayed in a proper religious context, but the swastika (also known as a Hakenkreuz) also carries an anti-Semitist meaning. It conveys hatred towards the Jewish people, and has already been banned in several countries in Europe. I understand if the building in question was constructed before Hitler's rise to power, but even though over 60 years have passed, followers of Judaism are still not over the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment