Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

8 October 2013

BAD IDEA OF THE WEEK: Growing older

That's right, growing older. It happens to everyone, for example, both of my parents turned 50 this year. I am now half their age, still living with one of them, and still not in a job. But I am still here to do what I do best, which is bring you a daily piece of my mind (and whoever's been +1'ing all my recent posts, thank you). We start tonight with Singapore's prime minister, who openly criticized the United States over the government shutdown and ongoing deadlock over the debt ceiling, calling them "problems you have created for yourself in a game of chicken." He's right about that one. The Republicans are effectively holding America hostage over the Obamacare program, which they don't want to fund. They need to realise that the Affordable Care Act will help several Americans who would otherwise have to go to Canada to get the health care they so desperately need. And they'd better lift the debt ceiling by next Thursday otherwise America will have no choice but to default.

No comments:

Post a Comment