Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

30 March 2019

Kinda makes cents

A Timaru man has been banned from his local Burger King restaurant for two years after a drive-thru dispute over the price of a muffin on Thursday. The trouble began for David Eymael when he went through the fast-food company's Timaru drive-thru on Thursday morning to order his favourite bacon and egg muffin. Eymael said he ordered the muffin expecting to pay the $5.40 price he says was advertised as on a board at the entrance to the drive thru. But when he arrived at the window to pay, he said he was asked to pay $5.70. "I said: ‘well, the billboard says $5.40.’ I asked them why $5.70 wasn't shown on the sign ... I said I was only going to pay $5.40." Eymael said the person at the window then went to get their manager. "The manager told me the price had gone up, and I said 'aren't you supposed to correct the billboard?' By law you pay the advertised price." Eymael said he was refused service as a result of the incident, and the police were called. "They trespassed me from Burger King for two years. My favourite muffin ... I can't get it for two years. Nothing against the police, they do a great job of course, but they said I had to pay the extra 30 cents before I leave."

Here’s how this shit is supposed to go down BY LAW: according to the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment's (MBIE) Consumer Protection website, a retailer cannot charge more than a displayed price. "Advertised prices must be genuine, and there must not be extra costs you weren't told about." THIS INCLUDES THE 30 CENTS THAT EYMAEL WAS OVERCHARGED. An important piece of advice comes to mind here: you don’t know who you’re messing with. That could have been me. In fact, if that was me, I would be claiming transphobic discrimination and demanding the entire $5.70 be returned to me, even filing a chargeback request with my bank if it comes to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment