Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

1 March 2012

Summer has ended on a good note

It’s not the extra day. It’s a mixture of three things:

  • The Tokyo Sky Tree has been completed and is now the second-tallest structure in the world (after the Burj Khalifa in Dubai).
  • North Korea has agreed to suspend uranium enrichment in exchange for humanitarian aid (this could just be a ruse).
  • On Tuesday, The Pirate Bay stopped giving out links to .torrent files. Instead, they’re using Magnet links. It's simpler for them and no more hassle for you. It's more resilient than the .torrent files and it uses much less bandwidth for those who want to mirror. Also, since the magnet links are just a hash, it's on every single torrent detail page - so no-one knows that you actually downloaded a file or not (great for evading the Copyright Nazis).

My opinion of the third one? Fine by me, as long as it still gives me the movie or TV series I’m after. The Pirate Bay has been good to me because it means I don’t have to shell out my hard-earned cash on the DVD or wait for a repeat. Even though I’m always getting told off for using our entire monthly broadband allowance, it’s worth it because I’m getting something for nothing and the Copyright Nazis haven’t come after me yet, and with this new development, I don’t think they ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment