Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

6 September 2013

Bacon humiliated by Curry

It may be Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters' 70th birthday today, but that's not the topic of today's post. A university graduate says he was left humiliated after being asked to dance to a Daft Punk song during a job interview at an electronics superstore. 21-year-old Alan Bacon thought working at Currys in Cardiff would be ideal given his love of cameras, and he spent a week preparing for the interview. But instead of showcasing his skills, he ended up doing robotic-style dancing "like a scene out of [BBC TV comedy] The Office". "I think everyone initially thought it was a joke," said Mr Bacon, whose ambition is to make science documentaries. "But they were serious. All professionalism went out the window. I'd spent the past week researching the company and looking forward to being able to express myself and talk about what I love doing. But I just felt so embarrassed and uncomfortable. I ended up dancing to Around the World by Daft Punk, doing rubbish robotics in my suit in front of a group of strangers. I told my dad it was like a scene out of The Office. I would have walked out but I need a job. Another middle aged guy looked really upset as he danced to a rap song." Even after being put through all that humiliation, Mr Bacon, who had moved to Cardiff from Newport in the hope that it would help his job search, didn't get the Currys job and is still looking for work. This is not what a job interview should be. Maybe if it was an audition for a part in a TV advertisement or similar, but not in a job interview for an electronics store. Making your employees-to-be dance like total bellends is completely unprofessional outside of show business, and should be left to show business.

No comments:

Post a Comment