Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

30 June 2014

One Angry Man, Canadian Style

The Bellend of the Month for June 2014 is Daniel Evens, who left Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper a threatening voice mail which included a return name and number. Doing so has landed the Calgarian (resident of Calgary) the equivalent of a six-month jail term. Evans was also placed on probation for a year, after pleading guilty to a March 12 charge of uttering threats. Crown prosecutor Steve Johnston told provincial court Judge Joanne Durant that Evans left the threatening message on Harper’s constituency office phone. In it, a drunken Evans asks — in often vulgar language — to have Harper call him back. “If you can get the d--- weed to phone me I’d like to tell him I’ll straighten our government out,” Johnston quoted from a transcript of Evans’ call. “You guys suck,” Evans said. “I’m not a voting P.C. no more.” But after expressing his political displeasure, Evans became threatening, Johnston told Durant. “Phone me back otherwise somebody needs to shoot the mother f----- in the head and I mean Harper and I’m willin’ to do it,” he said. “I’ll buy a silencer and blow (his) head off myself. Nobody in Canada wants to try and do it well, do you remember J.F. Kennedy in the States, well that can happen to Harper,” he said, of the assassinated U.S. president. Evans then reiterated his wish to speak to Harper directly. “If he doesn’t answer me and straighten up his act I’m gonna put a bullet through the prime minister’s head,” he said. And he concluded with a message that at least someone should call him back. “If you want the Prime Minister safe, you phone me,” Evans said. “Otherwise if you don’t I’m gonna eliminate him. Bye.” With enhanced credit for time in remand, Johnston said the offender had served the equivalent of a six-month sentence, which is the term he would have sought. A condition of Evans’ probation is that he have no contact with the prime minister, or anyone in Harper’s family. If you're going to make those kinds of threats, at the very least don't leave contact details in your message. Even then, it will eventually be traced back to you, so it's best not to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment