Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

12 May 2018

Doin' it fo' tha shorteez!

 

That's right, people. Just like my buddy Sir Loin (pictured above), I'm doin' it fo' tha shorteez. And by shorteez, I mean all them Syrian refugees.

So what exactly is "it", I hear you ask? I've just signed up for the Ration Challenge - eating the same rations as a refugee for one week. Just a small amount of rice, lentils, chickpeas, beans, fish, and oil (entire kit pictured).

 

That's it - no red meat, no coffee, and no alcohol! I'd love your support - will you sponsor me? Just NZ$64 will feed a family of 6 for the next two weeks.

Click here to sponsor: https://my.rationchallenge.org.nz/scott-gall (I'm still using my male name as I haven't legally changed it yet)

Thanks so much!

Your donations will help a family like Asala's, living in a tent in an urban refugee camp on the outskirts of Amman, Jordan, with her husband Ahed and their 13-year-old son Naser. They fled from Syria 6 years ago to escape the bombings. Assala (pictured below with her son) hasn't seen her mother, or her sisters, since then.

 

Ahed has a back injury and can't work, so Assala has to pick up whatever work she can to help feed her family. The family depend entirely on her small income, and the food rations they've received thanks to the Ration Challenge.

"I feel so happy and relieved that there are good people who can help me and my family with food we can't buy," said Asala.

But it's not just her. The money we raise will provide Syrian refugees with food, medicine, and education. And most importantly, we'll be helping them find the physical and emotional strength they need to cope with the horrors they've suffered, and the hardships of life as a refugee.

By taking the Ration Challenge, I'm also supporting other conflict- and disaster-affected communities, and helping to achieve safety, justice, and dignity through Act for Peace's humanitarian response, sustainable development, and advocacy programs around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment