Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

11 January 2011

Conscription is on its way out for Germany and Switzerland

It's about time those two countries moved on to an all-volunteer force, because I don't approve of conscription (a form of state-sanctioned slavery colloquially known as the draft) and if New Zealand hadn't abolished the draft by whatever age I would've gotten the call-up, I would've withdrawn all my savings and moved to Canada or some other country without the draft. Those young German and Swiss men are being drafted against their will into an unnecessary part of a country's infrastructure. It is worth having an all-volunteer force to help bring the regime of a tyrannical ruler to its knees but the draft is just stupid, and if I got a call-up notice, I'd be off on the next plane out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment