Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

15 February 2014

And that's another Ellen out of the closet

Hollywood actress Ellen Page, known for her role in the movie "Juno," announced she is gay, in a very public way: she broke the news during an emotional speech at a crowded conference hall in Las Vegas. "I'm here today because I am gay. And because... maybe I can make a difference," Page told a crowd at an event called Time to THRIVE, a conference to promote issues of the gay community. "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years, because I was scared to be out." The Canadian star got a standing ovation during the speech, in which she also spoke about football star Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman who also came out this week. Sam's announcement creates the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL. That's all well and good, but the NFL's rules don't say that women can't play, so maybe it's time somebody went one further and became the first woman to play in the NFL, and maybe a few years after that a lesbian could be drafted to play in the league, then after that we could train other species to play professional football. Or maybe just sticking to humans would be a better idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment