Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

4 April 2010

Not a very PC mattress is it?

If you look at the pattern of the stitching on my mattress, it looks like one of the most controversial and politically incorrect symbols known to our Western society: the swastika.

Despite the swastika pattern, I am not a Nazi sympathiser and I can't believe that the mattress I've been sleeping on for the last few years has such a controversial design stitched on it. Several Asian peoples won't see much problem with it, but for Westerners, it's a different story. During the 1930's, Hitler misappropriated what several religions based mostly in India consider a sacred symbol and now the swastika is associated with Nazi Germany and hatred towards Jews.

I honestly did not see that the stitch pattern formed swastikas until yesterday while I was making my bed and I am going to take the offending stitches out sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment