Since June of 2011, visitors to this page have come from:

free counters

Followers

26 December 2010

Can't Comedy Central tell the difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Right now, I'm watching a marathon of South Park Christmas specials I taped this afternoon. The first episode was the Thanksgiving special I commented on in April (the one where Kyle was seen eating a ham despite pork not being kosher) and that was well outside of the spirit of the season. Although the Thanksgiving episode was quite funny with Cartman being shipped off to Africa by mistake, Thanksgiving was a whole month ago and it isn't a very well-known holiday (or a very relevant one for that matter) outside of America. I don't mind a Hanukkah or Kwanzaa special thrown in among several Christmas episodes, but Thanksgiving isn't really in the same family of holidays and is mostly disregarded outside of North America, so I don't really see the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment